Ecology department: related activities
Functions and representations
- European Union Scientific Forum on Invasive Alien Species: early 2015 the curator was appointed to the Forum as ad hoc Expert by the Department of Environment of the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure (MDDI). → ec.europa.eu
- NEOBIOTA – European Group on Biological Invasions: the curator of the ecology department is member of the Neobiota Council. → www.neobiota.eu
- UNESCO MAB Programme: from 2012 to 2015 the curator of the ecology department has been delegate to the → International Co-ordinating Council (ICC) of the Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme.
- The curator is treasurer of Fondation faune-flore, Institute for Research on natural heritage and biodiversity. The Foundation is the host organization for doctoral or postdoctoral students at the Scientific Research Centre of MNHNL. → www.faune-flore.lu
- Prix Hëllef fir d’Natur : the curator of the ecology department represents the Ministry of Culture in the jury of the nature conservation price → Prix Hëllef-fir-d’Natur.
- Luxembourg Naturalist Society (SNL): From 2003 to 2017 the curator has been president of the Society, having a partnership agreement with MNHNL. He is now honorary president. → www.snl.lu
- Sandstone Landscapes in Europe. Past, Present and Future. Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Sandstone Landscapes. Vianden, Luxembourg, 25-28.05.2005 (in the frame of the Luxembourg Presidency of the Council of the European Union. Abstract book (888 kB) and proceedings (Ferrantia 44/2005) are available in Pdf format.
- Exkursionstagung zum Schutz der Ackerwildkräuter (3-5/7/2014)
- Buckwheat in Europe : History, Culture, Gastronomy and Nutrition. European Regional IBRA Meeting. 10-12 December 2015. → www.fagopyrum.eu
- NEOBIOTA 2016 – 9th International Conference on Biological Invasions. Luxembourg, 14-16 September 2016. → www.neobiota2016.org
Museology: setup of various html and php information terminals at the Museum and in Esch/Belval in co-operation with the botany and the IT department of the Museum:
- Presentation of projects of the scientific research centre of the Museum
(lobby of the Museum and documentation centre at Cité des sciences, « massenoire » building, avenue du Rock’n Roll, opposite to Rockhal, L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette)
- Welcome and schedule
(lobby of the Museum)
- Evolution of world population
(“Qui suis-je?” room in the Museum)